Thursday, November 24, 2011

The CRAZIES Are OUT!

One of my favorite shopping days is right around the corner...BLACK FRIDAY! Or, I think it should be called "Tromp you over Thursday" and "Frenzy Friday."

In our area, a few stores are opening on Thursday night. So, a few of us girls are leaving to shop at 10 pm. I "hope" to be back by 10 am- that's 12 hours of death defying, gift grabbing, punch the other person in the face shopping.

This year, I'm on the prowl for a Powerwheels car for the main man and possibly a LeapFrog learning tablet too. Of course, not just "any" Powerwheels will do- I'm looking for a tiny, high-end car (hoping for a Range Rover!). Also, mom wants a Kindle Fire- but if I have to, I'll buy it on Amazon on cyber-Monday and not fight anyone over it (electronics are the WORST on Black Friday).

In my excitement about what my future shopping excursion will bring, I was reminiscing on my past experiences. My college roommate and I shopped at the beach for a few years on Black Friday. We'd leave at 11 pm, hit up the Tanger Outlet Stores then we would go sleep in the dog beds at Walmart and wait for their 4 am opening. That's right, we'd SLEEP in DOG BEDS! Then, once the 4 am bell rang, we fought (yes, tugged and pulled until victorious) for a flat screen TV. After strutting out as the "winner" we went to the mall, struggled to stay awake and finally arrived back home (delirious) at noon. We saved a lot of money and saw a lots of crazies- so it was worth it!

My veteran advice: take a list- stick to it. Have a budget- don't break it.


Our 1st Christmas
Enjoy the fight,
Erica

No comments: