Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Days of....Happiness

As I look down my Facebook news feed, all I see are posts about what people are thankful for on that particular day. What a heartwarming message- I love it when people are actually remembering how very blessed each and every one of us are to a) live in a free country b) have a loving and forgiving God c) have people out there that care for us.

For my "happiness" post for the week, I have decided to outline my days of thankfulness- that's right, you'll get to see ALL 30 days in one sitting. Don't sigh, just sit back and relax. Some of them may be kinda funny (I mean it IS on my happiness blog!).


The picture from our "Thanksgiving Card"- very thankful for this little man...

I am thankful for. . .
1) My AWESOME God. That's right, forgiving, loving, eternal. AWESOME.
2) My beautiful baby boy- or should I say toddler (a small tear just fell from my face)
3) My caring husband. He told me on the day we were married that I am the peanut butter to his jelly. Oh, so true. We compliment each other very well and I love him for it.
4) My daddy. He's a provider, he's an enricher...and he's my boss. Gotta love him!
5) My moma. She's the friend that I'll always have. She may not have given me a sister, but she's close to being one.
6) My papaw. He's, what shall I call it? My rock. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this man and do NOT know what I would do without his wit, his humor and most of all- his prayers.
7) My baby's Godmommy. Carrie. She's become such a part of my life and for that, I am always grateful.
8) Auntie Meg. The love I have for this girl is very unique. She has DEFINITELY added spunk to my life.
9) Auntie Jan. She and I have been friends since we were embryos (really) I had no choice in our friendship, but it works!
10) Bekah, Ally, Ooooolivia- each are a girlfriend that I can call on any time and (hope) they answer! They complete our friend circle and I am thankful for the points of view they bring along with them.
11) Anyone that cares for my baby so I can actually get things done- Mawmaw Pam on Tuesday nights, Danna on Wednesday's, Maw on Tues/Thurs. And my moma whenever I call! 
12) My job. Many people are without one and I have one that I absolutely LOVE. It's trying at times, but I persevere and learn a lot daily.
13) My education. I am very lucky to have had the opportunity to go to school and even earn my master's.
14) The Wake Forest Family. It's great to be a graduate of such a small school where you feel like campus is a 2nd home.
15) My flat iron. Enough said.
16) "My Baby Can Read" videos. I can pop one of those suckers in and, BOOM, instant entertainment AND learning at the same time! Not to mention, he actually CAN read (or recognize) the words.
17) Our home. It is close to town, it is roomy, and it has equity! Gotta love that!
18) My Tahoe. Having a 6'9" husband + a baby in an Acura TL was too much to handle!
19) Computers. If I didn't have a computer, I would be lost. It's how I conduct day-to-day business at my desk.
20) E-mail. What is the post office anyways?? I'm not sure that my child will ever know what the post office is!
21) Online banking. This thing is wonderful. It allows you to do every kind of bill paying imaginable- from your desk! Heck yes...and SAVE A STAMP! I'm a no snail mail advocate!
22) Excel. It is how I budget our personal and business finances. It is how I track millions of dollars worth of inventory. It is WONDERFUL!
23) K-Love Radio station. Mmmmmm- wanna have a nice, relaxing ride home? Turn on K-Love!
24) On the flip side of that, our DVD player in the Tahoe- that thing is worth it's weight in PURE GOLD!
25) Calculators. When you're having to figure board footage on a daily basis- yea...one of those come in real handy!
26) My age and experiences. I would not be where I am today without the experiences that I have had in life- good and bad. If you would have asked me in 2000 where I would be in 2011, I would not have answered the situation I am in- but I LOVE IT. Thank you life, for leading me here.
27) My blog! I actually have a lot of fun writing on here, and I hope that at least one person out there finds my blog informative, useful and humorous.
28) My ability to vote. Again, enough said.
29) The world that God has placed me in- as in everything. My location, my family, my health, my life, my everything. I know that God has a perfect plan for each and every one of us. Sometimes, it takes a while before people realize and understand their purpose. I know mine- and I'm 100% satisfied.
30) Last, but certainly not least, I am very thankful for the people that protect us selflessly on a daily basis. Stop to think about the soldiers that are away from their family. Think about the spouses and children who are moved around all of the time simply because their "better half" has chosen this career path. I pray for these men and women daily- I especially pray for one of my very best friends Ashley as she and her girls support her husband and their daddy in the Marines. Hooorah!

I hope that each of you think about what you are thankful for not only during the Thanksgiving season, but all year long. Our blessings do not just occur one time per year- but all the time. We are blessed all the time.
Erica

No comments: