Thursday, July 12, 2012

BIG Project - Little Boy...Post #2

Welcome to week #2, post #2, project #2 in the Big Boy Bedroom saga!

This week's project: THE Bulletin Board.

I started with a plain 'ol cork bulletin board found at Staples for $9.99. I bought a large antiqued map off of Amazon for $4.99 and got to work!

TO DO:
1) Cut the map to size
2) Use brown/black/gold paint to antique the edges of the bulletin board if you're going for the antiqued look
3) Use adhesive glue (I use E-6000) and glue that puppy to the cork board
4) Start getting "items" together to place on the board.

For my items:
- I bought this cool little Telegram made especially for the little man from telegramstop.com (how cool!!)
- I found this neat little card with one of our favorite sayings "I love you to the moon and back"
- I made a "You Are My Sunshine" tag
- I created thumbtacks using Scrabble letters and that handy E-6000 glue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out. I hope you do too!









No comments: