Thursday, August 9, 2012

BIG BOY BEDROOM- COMPLETED!

Wow! I never thought it would come to an end.

I was determined to make a personalized bedroom for our little boy and I think (think!) I accomplished just that.

Overall, we probably spent about $400 on the entire bedroom. This includes the overly priced toddler rails that keeps them from rolling out (conveniently pictured for you! Honestly, I didn't wanna take the time to remove them for the picture!). It also included the cost of the sheets and bed spread bought from Target. And, the nifty airplane blanket, and two airplane pillows bought from Amazon.com (for a REALLY good price!). The other larger "block" pillow I made myself- a simple pattern, but cute.

A few other things we bought:
- A small globe for the dresser
- A shelf and clock for the wall

The things we already had, thus our low  overall cost:
- Mattress
- Nightstands
- Dresser & mirror
- Lamps

If you've followed our entire progress, thanks for your time!

If you're new to what we've done, have fun looking over the past 5 posts. They'll keep you pretty entertained as we have become those CRAZY parents who will do anything for our children. No matter how much sanding and staining is involved.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we put together a 9,000 piece balsa wood model plane to hang from the ceiling. That's not pictured because I've yet to hang it. It took A LOT of time to put together and I'm 100% afraid that my 100% boy will tear it into 9,000 shreads.

Have a fantastic day!!!!
Erica







No comments: